When you decide to go to a rehab center, you must know what you are getting into. In other words, you must familiarize yourself with the rehab center, know what treatments and facilities they provide, and the duration you must stay.
Not every Florida drug rehab center is the same. Some specialize in only drug addiction, while others treat only alcohol addicts. Others may treat mixed addicts. Certain facilities offer short-term Alcohol withdrawal treatment, such as 30 days or 6 months, while some are meant for long-term rehab treatments like one year.
According to SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration), it is good to do research and compare before you finalize a rehab facility for yourselves or your loved one.
Alcohol addiction is no laughing matter. Especially due to the fact that alcohol is so easy to get anywhere in the world. If you or a loved one is suffering from addiction consider getting drug and alcohol detox in Phoenix. A lot of people attempt quitting their addiction cold turkey, this can be extremely dangerous and sometimes even fatal. Avoid taking unnecessary risks and get help today.
How to choose a rehab?
Consider the following points when choosing a rehab:
- Location: Some of you may want to be near home, while some may want to recover at some far-off place, away from family and their addictive environment.
- Cost: There are luxury rehabs and there are budgeted ones. Consider your pocket and choose one. Also, consider your insurance cover.
- License: Well, you would certainly want to be in a licensed and reputable rehab center, wouldn’t you? Names like Daylight Detox ring a bell here.
- Treatment plan: Usually rehabs have a fixed schedule and a set of standard rules, but their treatment plans may differ. So, make sure the plan is conducive to your addictive habits.
- Facilities available: Certain rehabs provide recreational facilities like basketball, swimming pool, music lessons, and others. If you wish to pursue your hobbies once again, you better be in a rehab that has similar facilities.
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders: Were you already into depression when you began to drink? Do you have diagnosed personality problems? In this case, it’s better to choose a rehab that provides treatment for co-occurring mental disorders so that you don’t relapse when these issues resurface.
- Treatment duration: As mentioned in the beginning, certain rehabs are for a long-term program, while others provide short-term treatment. Choose one based on the severity of your condition.
Once you have made a choice, do not hesitate to call the addiction hotline.
What kind of addict are you?
Alcohol addiction is a common term, but not all addicts are the same. For some, their day begins with alcohol and ends with it. For others, they may need alcohol at a specific time every day. Some may be too submerged into alcoholism to be aware of their surroundings, their family and workplace responsibilities, and their own hygiene and care. Certain addicts can even kill to get a drink.
Then there are those who may have tried to resist drinking but later succumbed to the strong alcohol cravings. Some people relapse after undergoing complete recovery in rehab. Such people should also consider rejoining a rehab, perhaps a different one.
According to experts, there are degrees of addiction. First, know what degree of addiction you have, i.e., the severity of the addiction. Next, resolve to fight it. Once you are prepared to “de-addict” yourselves, you will find the right rehab for you. As it is said, “When the student is ready, the teacher appears.”
For more information on rehab, visit https://www.daylightdetox.com.