A luxury watch is not just a piece of accessory to add in your collection. It is one of the most precious items that a person can own. Because it is made from high-quality materials and crafted with utmost dedication, a luxury timepiece is a symbol of tradition and history. So, whether this is your first time to buy a luxury watch or you just want to add something new to your collection, you must decide carefully before making a purchase.
There are different factors that you need to consider before you choose the right luxury watch. As much as possible, you want to avoid having an impulse buy just because you are captivated by its color or design. It’s necessary to make the right choice as these watches are especially designed to last long. In this article, we will take a look at the different things that you need to consider before buying your luxury watch.
1. Brand’s Integrity
To guarantee it’s pristine engineering, choose a brand that has established their integrity in the watchmaking industry. There are various brands and models to choose from such as Rolex, Bvlgari, TAG Heuer, Audemars Piguet, and Franck Muller watch. By choosing a trusted brand, you can guarantee that your luxury watch has proven reliable and of quality.
Considering the brand is like choosing the personality of your luxury watch. Just like any other fashion items, luxury watch brands are known for their signature themes. For instance, Franck Muller is known to be one of the most unique, complicated, and bold watch designs that fit an eclectic and edgy personality. By considering the right brand, you will get a luxury watch that fits your preference.
2. Style and Size
Aside from choosing the right brand, checking out all the different styles and models is also necessary. Each luxury watch brand has a different set of collections that differs from one another. The very first decision you have to make is to choose whether you want an analog or a digital watch. From here, you can easily separate the models and collections. It will be easier for you to choose the right style or design if you will consider your watch’s purpose. Think of how and when you are going to wear it. You can use it as an inspiration in your decision making.
After you choose the style, it’s time to see if the watch fits you perfectly. You want to make sure that the way does not look too small or too big on your wrist. By checking some models online or reviewing its specs religiously, you will gauge if the luxury will look just right on you. Wearing a watch that is not your size can be very uncomfortable. Hence, you need to consider this as a priority as well.
If you are already a watch collector, you’ll know how important it is to understand the watch’s movements. There are different watch movements to choose from, depending on which country the watch is made. To make sure of its quality, every watchmaker spends a lot of time designing the interior mechanism of a luxury watch to make sure that it will be far better than a mediocre watch. Here are three types of watch movements:
- Quartz – Powered by a battery, this is known as one of the most precise watch movements of all. It is low maintenance, less expensive, and most importantly, highly durable. Many luxury watch collectors prefer Quartz because of its accuracy and reliability.
- Mechanical – This movement uses energy from the wound mainspring to power the watch. It doesn’t use batteries, unlike Quartz. Many prefer this movement because of its aesthetic design, because it usually has a clear back case where you can view the fascinating clockwork.
- Automatic – Also known as self-winding, this type of movement uses kinetic energy from the wearer’s wrist that is transferred automatically to drive the mechanism inside the watch. It continues to work perfectly if you use the watch often.
4. Dealer or retailer
Considering where to buy the watch is also one of the most important factors to consider. For one, this will attest to the authenticity of your luxury watch, and two, it will give you good after-sales support. Buying a luxury watch is a lifetime commitment, so you have to make sure that your journey will not end the moment you leave the cash register. Here are different shops where you can purchase a luxury watch.
- Brand boutiques – These are basically the shops owned by the manufacturers themselves. If you live near the fashion street of New York or London, you probably might have seen a few. One advantage of buying from them directly is that you can choose the latest models and collections are available. The warranty is more generous because it is they who will directly do the service for you. The only downside to this is that you may need to walk into different boutiques if you want to explore different brands.
- Jewelry stores – If you want to view a variety of luxury watch brands all at the same time, you may want to walk in a jewelry store. They will surely have different choices of brands they are authorized to sell. These types of stores also have discounts and promotional offers that you can take advantage of. Who knows, you might find luxury watches with lesser price than in a brand’s boutique. However, jewelry stores may only have a limited collection of items compared to others, as it will depend on their monthly pullout from the brand.
- Authorized online distributor – For a more convenient way of shopping for luxury watches, you can check out some best authorized online distributors. Unlike in jewelry stores, online watch distributors only sell watches, and it is mostly from a wider variety of brands. Their selection is complete with the watch’s details plus store-bought warranty. If you are looking for the best deals, they are your go-to choice.
5. Cost vs Worth
It’s already given that a luxury watch is expensive. Since it is made with high-quality products and engineered by some of the best watchmakers in the world, you don’t expect less for their service. It’s just a matter of choosing which of these luxury watches is worth every penny.
Ideally, you set a budget first before planning to buy a luxury watch. In that way, you will not spend more than what you can. It is recommended to do a bit of research about the different watch brands to avoid buying something too expensive for its price.
Shop for your luxury watch today!
Are you ready to buy your luxury watch? Check out Watchshopping.com to discover the luxury watch that will fit you.