Every Thing about Gmail Outlook access guide. Gmail is known to be a global mailing website which is having features no other mailing service could ever have. It’s faster than any of the web-based mailing sites and has 15 GB storage for free. Outlook, on the other hand, is owned by Microsoft office and is more authentic than any other mailing facility.
If you are aware of adding Exchange, IMAP, POP email, and Windows live Hotmail to your browser, you can add Gmail too. Adding Gmail in outlook 2002 or 2003 is not a big deal and is totally uncomplicated if you follow the steps mentioned in the article correctly.
Are you are a regular Outlook user? You can notify Gmail to receive your mails on outlook via Gmail. You can have the mail at both sides though and you can delete the messages from outlook too.
Access Gmail Outlook 2002 or 2003 Using IMAP
- Before starting the tutorial, make sure you have your IMAP enabled.
- Click next and hit IMAP.
- Click Next and list your name.
- Mention your Gmail address in the space provided.
- List your Gmail username right below the email address.
- Type your passcode for mail below.
- Now type “gmail.com” or Incoming Mail Service i.e. IMAP
- Type “gmail.com” for Outgoing Mail service i.e. SMTP
- Now hit More Settings from the tab.
- Proceed to the Outgoing Server Tab.
- Do not forget to check the box in My Server Requires Authentication
- Leaving the box Use the same settings as my incoming mail server intact move forward.
- Move to the Advanced Tab.
- Do not forget to check the box this server requires an encrypted connection or SSL under both outgoing and incoming servers.
- List this sequence 456 under the Server port numbers for outgoing server or SMTP.
- Hit ok and then Click Finish.
Now, your Gmail is an IMAP account and so you can star the messages too. If you just want to send, download and receive mail you can add simple POP account.